It’s the challenge for most business operations – how do I increase traffic to my website/my business, and how do I convert those visitors into paying customers?
Google recently released the results of some research and the results make fascinating reading, and provide a great opportunity for those with tyhe foresight to act now.
The study, called What Users Want Most From Mobile Sites Today surveyed over 1,000 adult smartphone users.
This is what Google says about the results…
Mobile-friendly sites turn users into customers
The fastest path to mobile customers is through a mobile-friendly site. If your site offers a great mobile experience, users are more likely to make a purchase.
- When they visited a mobile-friendly site, 74% of people say they’re more likely to return to that site in the future
- 67% of mobile users say that when they visit a mobile-friendly site, they’re more likely to buy a site’s product or service
Not having a mobile-friendly site helps your competitors
A great mobile site experience is becoming increasingly important, and users will keep looking for a mobile-friendly site until they find one that works for them. That means your competitors will benefit if your site falls down on the job (and vice versa).
- 61% of users said that if they didn’t find what they were looking for right away on a mobile site, they’d quickly move on to another site
- 79% of people who don’t like what they find on one site will go back and search for another site
- 50% of people said that even if they like a business, they will use them less often if the website isn’t mobile-friendly
Non-mobile friendly sites can hurt a company’s reputation
It turns out that you can lose more than the sale with a bad mobile experience. A site that’s not designed for mobile can leave users feeling downright frustrated, and these negative reactions translate directly to the brands themselves.
- 48% of users say they feel frustrated and annoyed when they get to a site that’s not mobile-friendly
- 36% said they felt like they’ve wasted their time by visiting those sites
- 52% of users said that a bad mobile experience made them less likely to engage with a company
- 48% said that if a site didn’t work well on their smartphones, it made them feel like the company didn’t care about their business
It’s getting clearer by the week. The question isn’t “should be have a mobile website?”, but “how quickly can we get a mobile website?”
Contact us today on 0131 278 0700 and we can discuss the various options to help get your business mobilised – we will be delighted to offer a free mock-up of a mobile site so you can compare how it looks with your current one.
If you want to go ahead then you’ll find our prices highly affordable.